Double elimination line bracketing will be used for all groups and styles with a wrestle back to 4th. Contestants are randomly drawn by computer. Wrestlers from the same state will be separated.
Weights with four (4) or fewer competitors will wrestle in a round robin format. Weights with two (2) competitors will wrestle two (2) out of three (3) to determine region champion.
In the event of a tie between two or more participants in a round-robin, the following criteria shall be used to break the tie:
1. If two participants are tied, the head-to-head outcome will determine highest placer.
2. Cumulative activity points (2 pts: Fall, Inj. Default, Forfeit, WBD; 1.5 pts: Technical Fall; 1 pt: Major decision).
3. Most pins.
4. Most technical falls.
5. Fastest time of falls (cumulative).
6. Fastest time of technical falls (cumulative).
7. Most match points.
8. Lowest contestant weight.
2021 RULE BOOK: https://www.usawmembership.com/usa_wrestling_rule_book