Event VenueNW Sports Hub
Event DirectorJustin Newby
Participation – Junior & 16U Nationals
State teams shall be limited to four (4) wrestlers per age per style per weight class. Wrestlers who earn automatic qualifier status shall not count against any limit.
Note: This proposal does not impact number of participants per state in the Girls divisions, as there are currently no limits for roster size.
Automatic Qualifier – Junior & 16U Nationals
The following shall serve as automatic qualifiers at Junior & 16U Nationals and shall not count against any roster limit:
14U Division is a Festival and is not a qualifier for Kids Nationals.
For qualification rules visit USA WRESTLING – JUNIOR OLYMPIC WRESTLING COMMITTEE BOARD REPORT
Contestants are randomly drawn by computer. Wrestlers from the same state will be separated. One (1) pool will be used for brackets with fewer than six (6) competitors and two (2) pools will be employed if there are six (6) or more entrants in any given weight class.
In the event of a tie between two or more participants in a round-robin, the following criteria shall be used to break the tie:
1. If two participants are tied, the head-to-head outcome will determine highest placer.
2. Cumulative activity points (2 pts: Fall, Inj. Default, Forfeit, WBD; 1.5 pts: Technical Fall; 1 pt: Major decision).
3. Most pins.
4. Most technical falls.
5. Fastest time of falls (cumulative).
6. Fastest time of technical falls (cumulative).
7. Most match points.
8. Lowest contestant weight.