2020 USA Wrestling Folkstyle Tour of America-Bigfoot Battle
Farmington, UT - 11/05/2020 - 11/08/2020
The event will be conducted following the requirements of the state and local health authorities, as well as using the safety provisions of the USA Wrestling Return to Events Guidelines. USA Wrestling and the local organizers will monitor data and local trends closely leading up to the event and update new information as it comes in.
In an effort to mitigate COVID-19 and protect our members, everyone entering the venue must wear a mask and/or proper fitting face covering. Anyone who does not comply with this will be asked to leave.
Below are procedures and guidelines that are in accordance with the safety provisions of the USA Wrestling Operational Plan in the Return to Events Guidelines.
- Registration: Please have your USAW Athlete Membership card, this must be completed online through the registration system. NO ONSITE REGISTRATION.
- Registration, Admission Tickets and Coaches Pass will be sold online only.
- Online sales will be open before the tournamanet.
- An individual/families who did not purchase tickets prior to the event will be asked to purchase their tickets online prior to getting in the admission line.
- Communication methods (email, social media, newsletters…etc.) will be practiced before and/or after the event to ensure social distancing, personal hygiene and other mitigating infection procedures for the event.
- NO CASH WILL BE ACCEPTED ON-SITE.
- Please have Personal Protective Equipment supplies ready for the event as a backup plan: Gloves, Face coverings and/or Face Shields, Hand Sanitizer and Gym Wipes.
- Please keep in mind, mats will not be available for practice times the day before the event. Doors will open 1-2 hours before the first session starts.
- People should not congregate prior to the event and should stay in cars until right before doors open and should avoid other groups that are leaving the venue from the prior session. Athletes, spectators and staff, should quickly exit after the event and go directly to their cars without congregating with other athletes or spectators in common areas.
- Be alert for symptoms. Watch for fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms of COVID-19. If you are not feeling well, experiencing symptoms or may be at a higher risk for getting very sick, we recommend you stay home and watch the live stream through Trackwrestling.
- Follow CDC guidance if symptoms develop.
During Event Procedures:
- As you arrive on-site, event entrances into the venue will be separate for athletes, coaches’ and spectators. Each entry way will be labeled “Athlete Check-in”, “Coach Check-in”, and “Spectator Check-in”.
- Every athlete must come to athlete check in area before entering the weigh-ins, making it one of our first interactions and potential points of exposure with them. Our goals here will be to disperse the crowds and group gatherings to minimize the potential for person-to-person contact for participants and spectators.
In an effort to mitigate COVID-19 and protect our members, everyone entering the venue must wear a mask and/or proper fitting face covering and be subjected to a daily screening through the Meenta App. You may also fill out the event questionnaire form as well if you are unable to sign up for Meenta. Anyone who does not comply with this will be asked to leave.
- MEENTA APP DAILY SCREENING INSTRUCTIONS: https://meentasafe.io/welcome/BigFootBattle
- Click on the link above
- Sign up for a Meenta Safe account: this will require First and Last name, email, password, and USAW Membership ID number (Athletes, Coaches, and staff must put in their membership profile ID, spectators please put in the number "0" for your USAW profile ID).
- Click "Start Survey" and answer all the questions.
- Click the "Home" button after the survey is completed.
- Click "Show QR Code" this is what you must present to the screeners on-site. No Exceptions!
- The screening will need to show "Pass" and correct "Date/Time" and must be done daily before entering the venue.
- You may also fill out a paper form daily on-site or bring it with you filled out, if you are unable to sign up for Meenta.
- CLICK HERE FOR HEALTH SCREENING FORM
COACHES AND ATHLETES PLEASE BRING A COPY OF YOUR USAW MEMBERSHIP CARD WITH YOU TO THE EVENT. EVERY COACH AND ATHLETE WILL NEED TO BE BAR CODE SCANNED IN TO THE EVENT.
- Signage to direct traffic flow around the venue to maintain social distancing.
- Floor markings to be taped, showing 6 ft. of space from the table each volunteer is stationed at and spacing between athletes waiting for competition.
- Athletes, coaches and spectators will be expected to ensure 6 ft. between themselves and any others waiting.
- Flyers encouraging social distancing, COVID 19 symptoms, self-monitoring instructions, infection prevention and personal hygiene.
- One (1) coach will be allowed to sit in the athlete’s corner throughout the duration of the match.
- That coach must be a current Wrestling Leader and must wear their coaching credential visible to both the mat official and the table.
- Coaches will also be required to wear a face covering at all times in the venue.
- Athlete to wipe themselves down with their own personal towels/wipes before the match, in between periods and after the match.
- Athletes will not be allowed to shake hands before or after the match.
- When athletes are not competing, they will be required to wear a face covering while inside the venue.
- All officials should wear face coverings and/or shields during the match.
- Officials should sanitize before and after each match.
- A strict no handshake policy will be observed for customary wrestling-related activities such as pre-match and post-match handshakes between athletes, coaches and officials.
- Everyone should practice proper hygiene, wash hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, use hand sanitizer, refrain from touching their face, refrain from spitting, and cover their cough or sneeze with a tissue and throw tissue in the trash.
- Public Service Announcements and other communication methods will be practiced during the event to ensure social distancing, personal hygiene and other mitigating infection procedures for the event.
After Event Procedures:
- Please expect a survey via email after the event (7-14 days), in order to get data and information for COVID-19 signs and symptoms.