Contestants are randomly drawn by computer. Wrestlers from the same state will be separated.
Double-elimination line-bracketing with complete wrestle-backs to sixth (6th) place for all divisions and styles. Brackets with five (5) or less will use a round robin system.
In the event of a tie between two or more participants in a round-robin, the following criteria shall be used to break the tie:
1. If two participants are tied, the head-to-head outcome will determine highest placer.
2. Cumulative activity points (2 pts: Fall, Inj. Default, Forfeit, WBD; 1.5 pts: Technical Fall; 1 pt: Major decision).
3. Most pins.
4. Most technical falls.
5. Fastest time of falls (cumulative).
6. Fastest time of technical falls (cumulative).
7. Most match points.
8. Lowest contestant weight.
2021 RULE BOOK: https://www.usawmembership.com/usa_wrestling_rule_book